Monday, December 6, 2010

Song 19--Winter Wonderland

"Winter Wonderland"
Words

I seem to be on a snow kick yesterday and today.  Could be the result of the snowfall we had Friday night and Saturday, huh?  A few things come to mind with this song.

One is I enjoy the crunch of a crisp, newly fallen snow under my boots.  I love the way ice covered trees appear to be glowing in the moonlight.  The air feeling sharper and hitting my lungs like a full body brain freeze.  Sometimes it really does look and feel like a wonderland.

The second thing that comes to mind is that I never remember building a snowman and asking him to marry me to any of my playmates!  Granted this part of the song seems to be for a more adult audience, but still.  In my opinion the expert on building snow people is not this song, but Calvin and Hobbes.

The third thing is that I begin to wonder who those mean kids were that went around knocking down snowmen dressed as circus clowns.  They didn't live in my neighborhood.  Plus, the newer version of the song has cleaned this up so the kiddies just "come around" and don't "knock him down."

The last thing about this song is that there are times that I do enjoy playing in the song even to this day.  I'm not known as an outdoors lover.  Sometimes I can be perfectly happy with a mug of coffee, a book and never leaving the house.  Yet, I find myself watching my kids sledding down hills, building snow things, burrowing snow tunnels, climbing snow mountains and joining with them as much as I am able.  May you too enjoy frolicing and playing in this Winter Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment